2. Word Search
The BIBLIJA.net program allows you to find all the verses in Scripture where a particular
word is found.
- Clicking on “Word Search” tab opens the functions needed
to search for words. The list of books on the left changes. Before the title
of each book and each section (Old Testament, New Testament, etc) there is a
- Select the parts of the Bible you wish to search. By default, the entire contents of the Bible
Deselecting a particular section of the Bible automatically deselects all of
its subdivisions that belong to it.
- Type the word you wish to search for in the field labeled “Words:”,
- Click “Go”.
- The program displays the first twenty verses containing the word being
searched. The word is highlighted in the results, so
you can quickly spot it. If a word is found more than
twenty times, the line “Results:” at the bottom of the page will
display the number of hits for individual biblical books. The number will be
given in parentheses following the book's abbreviation (see “Abbreviations”).
If the word is not found in a certain book, its abbreviation will not be listed.
Clicking a book's abbreviation gives you the search results in that book in batches of twenty.
[<< Back] and [Forward >>] move you through the search results twenty at
- If you wish to display more than twenty search results at a time you can use the “Number of hits:” menu and select “50”, “100”, “500” or “All”. If you are looking for a relatively common word, keep in mind that the search time will be longer.
- The program does not make a distinction between lowercase and uppercase letters.
For more complex searches of words or phrases, see “5. Advanced Word Search”.